Monday, February 7, 2011

The 10 foot pole

Recently my hubby and I joked that the reason we have 2 end of the year babies is that March is about the time I rebound from what I'm deeming winter blues. We had a good chuckle about that not thinking too much of it until I began to realize how true it really is.

I really dislike January and February (I even have a hard time getting excited about all the great birthdays that fall in there). This time of year is the holiday let-down. And now that we have 2 little boys with birthdays that fall at the end of the year, it means all the parties, planning, festivities, etc. are done. And I'm wiped. I was looking back at our personal family blog posts for the past 4 years and realized that January and February are severely lacking posts. I just don't have any desire or energy to do those things. Then, take a look at this blog. I stopped posting over the end of November and all of December so I could focus on family and all those things I listed above and have been unable to pick up the momentum since.

What this means though is that come March I will be carrying a 10 foot pole. As much as I love November and December, I just don't think I can add anything else to that time of year, especially not something so deserving of more energy as a new baby. So hubby, I hope you're reading this (or a kind friend is taking notes for you) because in March I'm carrying my sticks and will be keeping you at a 10 foot distance ;)

Readers: What is your favorite thing to do as a family this time of year to keep the blues away?

4 comments:

  1. haha, I heard valentines day is dangerous too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always hated Jan, Feb and March. Depressing. Blah. Least favorite time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! This made me laugh. When I read the title I couldn't imagine what you were talking about. :)

    ReplyDelete