Ninja Mom and she's hilarious. I often find myself laughing out loud when I read her blog (probably because she knows how to put in to words what happens in my house on a daily basis). Thanks Nikki!
This award comes with some rules: thanking the person that gave me the award, writing 7 things about myself to give my readers more insight in to who I am (that would actually mean there are people out there besides those that are already family/friends reading this blog), and passing the award on to 15 other people (I'm not sure I have 15, but I'll attempt 5).
7 Little Facts About Myself:
1. I'm not really a season person...unless you count June through December as a season, then it's my favorite. Once January hits I go in to hibernation until June. Probably why our kids are born at the end of the year...we were bored in March.
2. We're a family of almost holidays. Our youngest was almost born on Thanksgiving. Our oldest was almost born on Christmas. My husband was almost born on Valentine's. I was almost born on Mother's day.
3. I love to throw parties, I just wish I had a bigger house to do it :) but as my husband pointed out, the fact that our house is too small for large parties saves us a lot of money.
4. I love hand written cards (or comments...(wink, wink)...). Must be that my love (and friend!) language is written words of affirmation. Close runner up is quality time.
5. My childhood role model was Mother Teresa. This is actually something my husband just told me "I didn't know that. That explains a lot." I'm going to consider that a compliment, so hopefully it was. :)
6. Even though I think I dress my boys very well and clothing stores have come a long way in terms of boy's clothes, I still have a hard time walking in to a kid's clothing store. (gender envy)
7. I have 2 pet peeves; the first is when someone incorrectly spells your and you're (but don't hold me to anything else!), the second is socks. I refuse to wear mismatching socks, I throw them out when they no longer have elasticity, and I can't stand when they aren't pulled tight (meaning there is extra sock by my toes...gives me the chills just thinking about it).
Paying it forward:
1. The L Family -- What beautiful pictures! Truly inspiring.
2. Paisley Jade -- Cute crafts, fun posts, easy read!
3. Mommy Spirit -- Her poems are great and inspirational. I'm new to this blog but really enjoy it.
4. Airing My Dirty Laundry, One Sock At A Time -- Oh. My. Gosh. Funny.
5. The Mommyhood Memos -- Love this one. A mom that speaks from her heart...my kind of woman.